How to Have a Girly Weekend
Buongiorno lovepies! Oh. My. Goodness. I am shocked, amazed and in love with the incredible responses left on my last post. I had no idea an outfit could garner such commentary. How fantastic!
Muffin and I have spent the last two days attached at the hip, fully enjoying everything it means to be a girl. Here’s a tutorial on how to have a girly weekend:
1. Go out Friday night with your girls. Don your favorite pair of shoes to feel extra bossy:
Muffin, my roomie Morgan and I all went to our favorite spots uptown Friday. We had an absolute blast dancing and meeting up with old friends. However, an old friend of mine surprised me while we were chatting by planting a kiss on my lips. What?! It was out of nowhere! I was telling him about my summer and next thing I know, he attacks my face. I fled the scene shortly after.
2. Wake up next to your best friend. Laugh at your forgetting to wash your face before going to bed and head into the living room to find remnants of Friday night’s SnackFace session:
Muffin and I dominated a bag of Multigrain Tostitos with salsa, and she munched on a few Salsa Combos (not vegan). Alright, I may have had a Combo or three. Oops.
3. Spend the morning hours watching Kourtney & Khloe Kardashian Take Miami and make matching bowls of cereal for you and your Muffin:
While we were crunching through our bowls and watching mindless television, a kind Jehova’s Witness stopped by my front door. Not wanting to be rude, Muffin entertained him with questions of women’s roles in the church. He handed us some literature and was on his merry way.
4. After you’ve finally showered and dressed, make your way to the next most hopping town for serious shopping. While traveling, stop to get fast food only if your hands begin to shake and you have no other option:
This was a disaster. Not only did we receive ice-less Diet Cokes, but we also weren’t given any utensils! We stopped in the nearby KFC and told them they forgot to give us forks and knives. The poor man working apologized profusely and asked whether we wanted a fork or a spork. As tempted as I was by the spork option, I went for a fork. When I finally dressed my salad and had my fork in hand, I noticed a non-vegan ingredient on the dressing packet: honey. At this point, I was beyond caring and ate the lackluster salad of lettuce, mandarin oranges, almond slivers and honey-fied dressing. It was anything but filling.
5. When you finally arrive at Polaris in Columbus (or wherever your nearest mall is), speed walk to Forever 21. You are guaranteed to find trendy pieces for decent prices. Take photos of yourself when you try on something ridiculous:
The dress doesn’t look that bad at this angle, but Muffin said she wouldn’t go out with me if I wore this. The collar was fabulously insane, and if I wore it I have a feeling I’d unintentionally whack people with the flounce all night. Forever 21, you may not sell many of these:
6. Run into the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show Model Search sign and freak out. Fantasize about it for the next hour or so.
7. Treat yourself to a delicious dinner. Carbo load for no other reason than life-long happiness. In fact, eliminate that term from your vocabulary. It’s called eating. You may start your dinner with a salad if you’d like:
Muffin and I wanted amazing food for dinner, so we chose Marcella’s Ristorante. In-between devouring two bread baskets of fresh focaccia, I had the Apple Salad. Made of greens, red grapes, Granny Smith slices and walnuts, this salad was slightly over-dressed with vinaigrette. I managed to clean my plate in approximately three minutes despite this.
For an entree, I ordered Penne alla Arrabiata. This is a safe option for vegans, as it’s a cream-free spicy red sauce:
8. After you’ve filled your tum with a warm dinner, head over to the Target you spied earlier. When you’ve collected the items you “need,” take a picture to note how hilariously girly they are:
9. Laugh to the point of tears when your best friend tries on the ugliest dress you’ve seen all day. Document it:
10. Drive to your humble abode and change into your comfiest sweats. Curl up with your friend and bawl as you watch P.S. I Love You. Talk about your fears relating to love when the movie is finished and your eyes are swollen from crying. Change the pace of the night by following the sobfest with Sex and the City: The Movie. When you’ve stopped thinking about finding and losing love, bundle up in bed and fall into a deep slumber.
I hope you’ve all had wonderful weekends! Love you all like crazy!
Ciao for now,
QUESTION: Do you consider yourself to be a girly girl? Why or why not?
I used to think I wasn’t a girly girl. I’ve never been one for hanging out with huge groups of girls or having countless female friends. And then I thought about the blogging community. We’re predominantly female and I consider you all to be friends (this includes readers who don’t blog, of course!). On top of that, I think we can all recognize my affinity for characteristically girly things (fashion, musicals, SatC, sappy movies, pink, girl talk, etc.). I’m making myself nauseated with that list. Oh well– it’s how I do!
Filed under: Uncategorized | 42 Comments