Same Dish, Different Day/Way
Happy HUMPday! Is it just me, or is the week flying by? It could be because of going out last night. That’ll really do something to break the monotony in a week. The topic of spontaneity has been flying around the blogosphere lately, and I believe that spontaneity adds spice to your life. I am a control freak, but occasionally, I let go of a schedule and just LIVE. It leads to joyous moments like this:
We sipped Lienenkugels and chatted with friendly strangers all night 🙂 I am happy that Muffin made me I decided to go out.
This morning I awoke and wanted cereal for breakfast. This was a problem, as I finished the box of Kashi Vive last night and have NO cereal left. I feel nakie without it. I whipped up a different breakfast instead:
I wanted cream cheese, but Laughing Cow was the closest thing I had. This did not disappoint.
Have I told you that this was scrumptious? Well, it was. I dashed out the door soon after eating and completely forgot to bring a snack. Waffles do not keep hunger at bay for long.
I went to IART, where we debated Postmodern art and what it is. Postmodern art is the type of bizarre art that makes you think to yourself, “hell, I could have done that.” I’m talking splatters of paint or pouring water into a bucket in front of an audience and calling it art. I don’t think so.
During class my stomach started to make frightening sounds, so I headed to CVS for a S’mores Pure Protein bar afterward. This flavor is much better than the chocolate peanut butter flavor, and it was softer too.
After choir I came home and made lunch. It featured roasted channa again, but in a different way:
After using the Jaime method to wrap, I wound up with this:
Balanced with some fruit:
Perhaps I’m all too pleased with myself, but this lunch was divine. Doesn’t take much to make me happy!
I will be doing work for the rest of the afternoon, and then I have Review & Criticism 6-9 p.m. and Tempo Tantrums 9-10. I plan to read allll night after that. Ready for another five?
Installment 4: Pop Culture Loves
1) I am a Sex and the City freak. We’ve never had HBO, but MamaJ started to rent the VHS tapes (oh yeah) when I was a freshman in high school. I was immediately hooked. I recall sitting with mumsy, eating saltines and Easy Cheeze and watching hours and hours of the show. I now own all the DVDs and the movie, and have probably seen each episode at least 12 times.
2) Last summer I learned what happens to me when I meet an idol of mine. Sarah Jessica Parker was in Cincinnati to promote her line, Bitten, at Steve & Barry’s. I left Olive Garden as soon as my mom called to tell me, and I drove down to see her. After waiting in line for two hours, it was my turn to go up to her table to chat and shake her hand. In my head I had planned to tell her how much the show means to me and that I’ve landed certain roles by using monologues from SatC. This what happened instead: I turned into a speechless, personality-less bumbling idiot. I just shook her tiny little hand and said, “Thank you SO MUCH.” I just tell myself that I’ll meet her again someday and will actually have a conversation.
3) I wish my life were a musical. Though I’ve never seen Wicked, I have listened to that soundtrack millions of times. I look forward to long drives so that I can be alone in my car, turn on Wicked and pretend I’m in the show. When I say “pretend I’m in the show,” I mean it. Facial expressions, belting/screaming my heart out, going through the emotions. The dashboard is my stage.
4) My two favorite female singers of all time are Ella Fitzgerald and Beyonce. Ella is a no-brainer. Her singing is the epitome of smooth, beautiful and soulful. Jazz standards are also my favorite songs, and no one sings them better. Beyonce is someone whom I believe has the ability to be a legend, just like Ella. No modern female singer can perform and sing live the way Beyonce does. And that range!
5) Aside from Clueless, other favorite movies are A League of their Own, Fried Green Tomatoes, Drop Dead Gorgeous and French Kiss. I’m such a girl.
I hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday! I am off to read my life away ( I have to finish two novels by Tuesday). Love you doves!
Ciao for now,
Filed under: Uncategorized | 19 Comments